Tuesday, November 19, 2013

HELLO MINNEAPOLIS!

I spoke at the Minnesota chapter of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators and had a fabulous time! I can tell you it's absolutely true what they say about "Minnesota Nice." Everyone was so incredibly kind and polite and once I got over my natural New York suspicion of these friendly folk, I really had lovely time!


So I guess they must've read all the food-related posts on my blog because this wonderful multi-tiered display of baked goods was on the breakfast table at the conference.


I consider it a success if I'm not heckled when I speak. Success! No hecklers.


I signed lots of copies of my books, but for some reason was discouraged to sign anyone else's.

All that speaking and signing sure made me hungry, so...


Off to local favorite and roast beef sandwich shrine, Mayslacks!


Here's a piece of advice, kids: never eat anything bigger than your head.


And if you do, never ever order a side of onion rings.


Thanks for a great time, Minneapolis!




No comments:

Post a Comment