Monday, April 27, 2015

HELLO SEA GIRT, NJ!

It was a fun day for me in Sea Girt, NJ.


Although a bit cold.


First, I hung out with the kindergarteners. We read a few books. No one cried. I consider it a success!


I read one of my most favorite of my books, EVERY FRIDAY. It's non-fiction, as we say in elementary school. That means it's a true story.


And I got to do silly voices when I read NO NAP! YES NAP!


Then I spoke to the upper grades about what it's like writing and illustrating books.


We talked about DOUG UNPLUGGED.


And I told them the inspiration behind Doug.


Lastly, I spoke to the 6th, 7th, and 8th graders about my middle grade novel ZORGOOCHI INTERGALACTIC PIZZA: DELIVERY OF DOOM! 


Now, I usually speak to students up to 6th grade and I was a bit nervous about talking to kids that old, but I wasn't driven out of the school with pitchforks and torches, so I guess it went okay.




No comments:

Post a Comment